Saturday, December 22, 2012

Love Notes Postcard Project...

I'm participating in Jennifer Beltoff's Love Notes Postcard Project during three weeks in December.


As she so beautifully put it in a post on her blog:

"The Love Notes Post Card project invites you pause, sink into the moment, and write words from the heart ~ on an actual piece of paper.  Words that will brighten someones day and spread sunshine to all those hands it passes through." - Jennifer Beltoff


Her prompts are beautifully written and inviting. 



During the first week I sent off a postcard with the message.

This past week the prompt was a series of words and we were encouraged to pick the words that spoke to us. I decided to use a tag, stamp a few flowers, and this week mail it in an envelope. (I also sent one off to Jennifer to say thank you.  I might as well spread the love, right!) 



Love notes week 2 #lovenotesjb

Specific words spoke to me, they whispered to my soul, as rewrote them in my journal and then I played. I put tracing paper over the words and rewrote the ones that spoke to me. When I pulled the tracing paper away I was left with just the words that I needed.  

I continued to play, wrote and rewrote, chose to keep the words I found in order, added little words like with, and, in, and finally settled on what is below:


travel openly
with grace
create willingly
with heart
find celebrations
with laughter
be blissfully in love
with gratefulness
feel alive
with a sense of being
be a knowing teacher
with magic
grow and shine
from the shadows

I do hope that it brings a smile and warms the heart of my love note participant.

I think I will work on creating it larger with fun handwritten fonts.

Be sure and pop over to Jennifer's blog and sign up for her love notes newsletter (there is a button on the right hand sidebar) so that you can play along next time.

As always, thanks for visiting.



1 comment:

  1. I was the recipient of this beautifulart piece!!!!!! And I cannot even begin to describe how much I love it. But I do - I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Every bit of it. The shape of the tag, the stamped flowers, the beautifully written words ... it will so be treasured always and every night. I started a new gratitude journal this year, and this will be bookmark for each new entry. I will certainly "be blissfully in love with gratefulness." Seriously. It means so much to me. My favorite gift this year. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.

    - donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...