Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WOYWW - Art comes in many forms...

I'm linking up with Julia over at Stamping Ground but my work desk this week isn't my desk.

I traveled to Mississippi and participated with a few day job colleagues to volunteer and renovate a house for one of our clients (I work with many non-profits).

This is the second year that I have participated and we returned to the same house that we worked on last year. (You can read about the first year here.) The few days that we were there were filled with long hours, hard work, and full hearts.

Making a house a home for a family brings me great joy.

This was my work desk...(after we put up new ceiling and interior walls) we installed new hardwood flooring.

New floor #fromwhereisit volunteering to make a house a home

These were some of the tools that used.

My day...volunteering #fromwhereistand

I did find time to sketch over coffee one morning. Napkins work great, by the way.


Please stop by Stamping Ground and take a peek at what everyone else has been working on this past week.

And, I'd like to encourage you, if given the opportunity - give back, there really isn't a better way to feed your soul than to be thanked by the family that you've helped. Pure bliss.

7 comments:

  1. What a great thing to do! You have a GREAT work space to show!

    i'm @ 123 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketches, and your work space couldn't be nicer!
    Krisha #40

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to do, you are so kind. I'm sure your hard work was very much appreciated. Love the little drawings on the napkins.
    Have a great week.
    Von #45

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sketches...
    Your post is so uplifting!
    What a wonderful project to participate in. It was neat to see you making the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sketches, love the white on black. But working on a home for a family of need is AMAZING! Bless you.
    LisaDV #164

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is a special workdesk, and I am full of admiration for what you have done, and sketching too. xx Maggie #33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you, that's really hard work and awesome that you're creating homes. I agree about volunteering, it's character forming and sooooo rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...