Monday, August 27, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe - The Listening Heart

 It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


The Listening Heart

Disclaimer: I totally understand the importance of the message here from a religious point of view and I do not mean any disrespect by my interpretation that follows.

When Superman and I walked past this message, I knew I had to have a picture, and I also instantly knew that this answered a question that I had been asked by a friend - "how do you find the messages".

Well, I believe that I don't really "find" them - they find me.  

I believe that the universe whispers to my soul, that I listen with my heart, and that this is how I receive these messages. 

When I'm not stuck in 9-5 zombie mode, I truly believe that one of the reasons I notice messages like this is because I listen more with my heart.

I consciously become more present in my every day when I can calm my mind and be exactly in the moment of where I am.

It sounds easy, but I'll admit it isn't, especially in a city of 8 million people. All of whom are in a hurry to get to where they are going...each with their own busy energy and most of them are in zombie mode that it isn't easy to be present.

zombie mode: The mode that a person is in when their mind, heart, and soul are totally somewhere else than where their body is at a particular moment.

I'll also admit, there are times when I'm in zombie mode - I just want to get where I am going and my thoughts are caught up in the fact that I am late, or I'm wondering if I need to get cat food, or I'm wondering if I remembered to blog, or did I finish the document that my boss wanted, or, or, or, or...

BUT...when I breathe, let my thoughts calm, and step out on to the concrete with a open heart...the messages embrace me or it is probably more likely that I embrace the messages. They are always there. There are just times that I just may not be open enough to receiving them. My heart may not be listening because it has been closed or turned off because I'm in zombie mode.

So, I consciously choose to open my heart, to be present, to receive the messages. 

I want to encourage you today to be more present. 

Calm your mind and snap out of zombie mode for a few minutes during your lunch break today.  

Also, remember that the messages don't always show up as words.

You may see dragonflies, feathers, hearts, squirrels leaping from branch to branch symbolizing that you may need to take a leap of faith, or you might simply hear the laughter of a child. All reminders to your heart and to your soul. 

Embrace them with your listening heart.



4 comments:

  1. Love your post today! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder about being present in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Yes, I need to listen with my heart more.....

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post today! Reminds me that I need to get out of zombie mode more often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...