Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and I enjoy playing with other lovely artists and Julia Dunnit over at Stamping Ground by participating in WOYWW - what's on your workdesk Wednesday?

My Workdesk is a mess!

Upper left: orange paint chips. I am participating in Louise Gale's Color Challenge and this month's color is Tangerine Tango, the 2012 color of the year. I have been looking for lovely orange in my cityscape surroundings but I am having difficulty so yesterday I made a special trip to HD and picked up a bunch of orange paint chips. I see flowers in my future! I think that they will accent the journals that I am still trying to finish. (hopefully this weekend I will feel better - by the way thank you for your well wishes and keep sending that positive energy as I am having a hard time kicking this sickness)

Top middle: journal that I am still working on sitting on top of my most recently received magazines (I wonder what I can cut out of them).

Top right: a lovely print from Tracey Fletcher King. I met her through CED, I think, but no matter. I started to stalk her blog, guilty! We connected and I fell in love with her tea cups. I reached out to her and asked about purchasing a print as a gift and it all led to a swap. I sent her a print of Autumn Love and a gift of a twisted flower necklace. This is the print that she sent to me as a gift. The other print has already made it to my Mom who is in love. Your can read more about this over at her blog, also be sure to check out her art - absolutely beautiful! xoxo to you Tracey.

Bottom right: jewelry making supplies. Also, inside that white pouch is family jewelry from a very dear friend of the family from back home. She saw the necklace I made from my Gram's jewelry and asked that I do same from her mother's jewelry. 

Bottom Left: you are going to be hearing more about this during the next 10 weeks.

 I am participating in the revolution of Kelly Rae Roberts' and Beth Nicholls' Hello Soul Hello Business e-course. It is fabulous! This is my first exercise and I have thought through the questions and created my friend Bee. She is the creative me. So eye opening.

What's on your work desk? 


Don't forget to stalk the other artist's over at Stamping Ground and visit their blogs today.

 

15 comments:

  1. Wow, Journal pages looking fantastic, Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that full messy desk! Intersting journal spread too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal pages :) I do hope you start to feel better soon [[[hugs]]]

    Have a fab WOYWW and have a great week, Karen #86

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I was wondering what the paint chips were for. I've seen people use paint chips as the background for ATCs :)

    katie (112)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely busy desk there, really like the orange zinginess at the back. And how amazing that you have one of Tracey's wonderful projects too.

    Hugs
    Brenda 104

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your desk is well loved. Those journal pages are very cool. I have a huge collection of paint samples. Aren't they fun?

    Kay
    WOYWW #117

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your desk looks like mine :)
    Jackie #119

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you are pretty much in touch with your inner Bee all the time. Had a chuckle at the floral shoes in your journal, let the creative flag fly! I always feel guilty for nicking the paint chips since I know I won't be painting.... Like somehow they will KNOW and come after me with roller brushes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that orange is a hot color, I've always loved it. Love the jouranl, looks full of thought provoking mind sets. Enjoyed stalking your desk..off to more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE YOUR DESK!!! What creativity abounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a full desk, Lori. Enjoyed taking a peek at your desk. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As soon as I saw your first pic, I recognised Tracey's print because I think they're amazing too! How fab that you did a swap! I know you'll love that for ever :D
    Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori you desk looks like mine! LOL Thanks for stopping over on my blog and leaving me a comment. In NYC you have to find space wherever you can find it! Great blog. I'll be sure to drop by often!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting post and a fabulously creative desk. How flattering and lovely that your friend asked you to work withher family jewellery, bit of an honour, huh! I'm interested in Bee, what a revelation she must be to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your journal page is looking wonderful!

    Happy WOYWW (on Monday!)
    Katie #16

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...