Monday, January 30, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

The messages are all around us
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am working my way through the lessons in the e-course Business Soul Sessions:  Hello Soul Hello Business and we were asked to create a vision board.  So, during the past week I've snipped and cut things from magazines. I sat down yesterday to snip some more. I have a few magazines that I receive through the mail and that I read cover to cover: AFAR (one of the most beautiful travel magazines, in my opinion, the photography is phenomenal), Yoga Journal and The Sun Magazine (a literary magazine with wonderful writing, great black and white photography and no advertisements).  Otherwise, I go to B&N, like everyone else, and page through magazines while I enjoy a cup of tea.


As expected, much of what I snipped were messages from the universe. Go figure.

Typically, my posts for Shared Messages from the Universe are signs that I see on billboards, in subways, or posted around the city. Today I wanted to share my vision board and show you that messages are all around us and even in what we read.
 A few of my favorite and how they speak to me: 


"This investment was a no-brainer there was no turning back"


I need to create a life filled with creativity. I know, that sounds selfish but in order for me to deeply be happy - I do. I am on that path and there really is no turning back. I've been teased by taking more pictures, dabbling in painting, exploring by creating journals, paper flowers, and jewelry. It really is all I want to do.


"Every connection counts..."


I have a supportive family, really great close friends, new artist friends recently met online and you. I am forever grateful for all of your support. 


"Alive means living your own damn life, 
not the life your parents wanted, 
or the life some cultural group or political party wanted, 
but the life that your soul wants to live." - Michael Meade


This is so true...this life is so short and we need to embrace whatever it is that our soul sings so that we can dance in our own way. What kind of life does your soul want to live? 

This now hangs on my wall next to a few other things that I've created in my lifetime (paintings and photos from last year - a shelf from high school). Thank you Superman for supporting my dreams.


So, grab a couple of magazines that you have already read and start at the back. Yes, the back and page through - cut out anything (pictures, words...) that inspires you, that makes you smile, that makes you pause. I encourage you to start at the back so that you don't re-read it - you need to select based not on what you think but what you feel so don't over think this. Next, put them together. I chose to use a piece of newspaper as my backer because of it's size (why waste a good piece of paper when the newspaper was available). Now sit back and look what you have put together. What speaks to you the loudest? Now, how can you make it happen? Dream! Discover! and Dream Bigger!


I believe that dreams
    are like raises
       you don’t get, if you don’t ask
    you have to put them out there
       in order for the universe
    to help make them bloom

 I encourage you to pay attention to those things around you - are they speaking to you? 

Have you noticed any Shared Messages from the Universe?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Share your message by joining my flickr group by the same name: Shared Messages from the Universe and post or link your photos. Share those written messages that you walk by most of the time. Those message that all of sudden you notice, you read, you react and they move you forward.

I'd love to see the messages that have inspired you!

1 comment:

  1. You always have such interesting collections of 'things'....
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...