Saturday, November 12, 2011

Combining My Love for Photography & Jewelry Making

Art Every Day: Day 12 my day 7


My supplies were delivered, well the bulk of my supplies were delivered, I need a few more things but I am so excited I can't wait any longer to share this with you.

Fellow Flyer, Tracey at Chickpea Studio, posted a step by step how to make your own glass tile necklaces and Michelle at Shells in the Bush posted her most recent pendant creations from her paintings on her blog so I am more than inspired.

I am excited.

What a great way to combine my love of photography with my love of jewelry making. I have always wanted to learn to work with resin but until I have a separate studio space (it can be quite smelly) that will have to wait - so this is the next best thing.

I resized some of photos yesterday just to see if I created the right size, how they would look, blah blah blah. And, I love them.


I gravitate toward many specific things when I take pictures; texture, color, patterns but in looking back through the last few years of photos I realize that I really love flowers, messages from the universe, and street art. So, I've decided to create a mix of pendants from the last three.

Next steps print on glossy photo paper, get the rest of supplies and then wait until next weekend. I need to clean my desk and create some space in my tiny apartment in order for this work to get done in a more efficient manner.

Hmmm, I wonder what I can get rid of - this might be fun.

How you spending your weekend? What are you creating?

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you display your work here. I can see the synergy that you are able to achieve with your two passions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! Cant wait to see the results Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting...I'm sure the results will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing the end results too...should be awesome!

    Btw, thanks for the links ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun. Great combination for you! Can't wait to see the finished work.
    Love the shapes you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so exciting to get going on an idea you've had brewing for a while - and these look fab!
    I need to do some tidying of my work space this weekend but I'm procrastinating by blog hopping and playing with clay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I took a lot of photos this fall of sunsets and fall pictures of our rides! We had a blast riding and I really had fun with the photos! Check mine out on my facebook!! Sunsets and fall pics!! I made one DVD of these pictures! Love to have fun in more than one way!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what you create! I'm partial to the messages from the universe myself :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...